The client is a leading software development company in Belgium focused on creating ERP solutions for the construction industry.
The client operates a web-based ERP planner built on Microsoft Blazor WebAssembly, facilitating real-time business process monitoring, resource management, and report generation for various
departments. Due to strong coupling among UI objects and suboptimal handling of business logic,
the client faced several performance issues in its planner, including:
- Slow loading of the initial page
- Delayed page rendering when refreshing or applying filter
- Inefficient handling of large datasets
- Misplacement of inner components
- Displaying the complete page instead of partial reload
Contata thoroughly analyzed the issues in the client’s ERP planner and started working on them to enhance its performance. In just a matter of 8 months, we:
- Removed unnecessary dependencies on entities
- Optimized information retrieval during the initial page load
- Strategically placed components to reduce event callbacks
- Transferred complex business logic to stored procedures
- Eliminated redundant method and event invocations
- Decoupled objects and components for rendering only necessary elements
- Introduced a “week-view” calendar for granular resource and event planning, resembling Outlook/MS-Teams
- The planner was now a complete product that the client could present to its customers.
- The planner became more efficient for use by construction companies with 8-10 times faster application initial load time, bringing more value.
- Introduction of a “week-view” calendar increased the functionality of the application and enhanced user utility.
Contata Solutions is a trusted leader in technology and digital innovation. Through our work in data engineering, data analytics, machine learning, marketing automation and app development, we deliver solutions that address complex problems in ways that are simple, insightful and impactful.